Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year


Well, here it is! The beginning of a new decade and the beginning of a new year. I hope all is well with everyone!

Soon the snow will be gone, warmer temperatures will be coming and with it new life will begin to emerge. I am looking forward to that!

This u-cut tree season was ok, considering the economy and new farms for people to visit around me. The wholesale tree market is hurting and more farms are opening for u-cutting. I wish them well and hope they can become as successful as I am. Having a tree farm is very rewarding...I do not look at it 100% as an income producer. Rather an ecosystem that provides (to all different kinds of wild life) many benefits.

Now is good time to get out into the yard and trim those fruit trees, trim your Rhodies, roses, and many other shrubs. Spray your weeds, lay down a pre-emergent weed control, take care of moss in the lawn - on roofs - and in trees and shrubs. Don't forget a dormant treatment as there are several diseases occuring now that cannot be treated later in the spring. Remember to wear protective gear and follow label directions! There are also a lot of natural products you can use but they are usually more expensive and require more treatments, so keep that in mind.

Thanks to all for following and reading my blog!

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

No comments: